Personal Data refers to all personally identifiable information collected and recorded about an individual. We may collect the following Personal Data:
- Personal information: name, gender, nationality, date of birth, and names of your family members, their date of birth, nationality, etc.
- Contact information: address, telephone number, e-mail, address, etc.
- Payment information: credit card number, security code, expiration date, billing address, and other payment and billing information.
- Loyalty and referral program: details and partner program affiliation, marketing and analytical data.
- Accommodation information and travel profiles: dates of arrival and departure from our hotels, the location of the room, smoking/ non-smoking room, type of room and bed requests, preferred newspaper, accommodation and travel preferences, booking history, special health accommodations)
- Feedback: records of your contact with us such as via the phone number, or if you get in touch with us online using our online services, details such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC address, including history of any communications with us, and analysis of your interaction with us, which helps us to customize offers to you and provide information that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- Technical information: IP address, geographic data, browser and computer system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, etc.
- Professional information: if you are applying for a position at Devasom Resorts, in addition to the above mentioned information we may collect your education, training and employment records.
We limit the information collected in relation to children under 18 years to their name, nationality, and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult. We kindly request that parent ensure that children do not send us any Personal Data without parental consent, and if such information was sent, please get in touch with us and we will delete such information.
Information from Third Parties
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular, we may receive information about you from travel agents, tour operators and destination management companies whom you have direct contact. The information we collect from such third parties include your contact information and information related to your travel profile.
Collection of Personal Data
Personal Data may be requested or generated in different circumstances, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Marketing and communication activities: newsletter subscription, loyalty program registration, and participation in promotional offers, surveys, competitions, social media and SMS marketing campaigns.
- Reservations and purchasing activities: room or table reservations, check-in, and check-out, payment, submission of complaints or requests.
- Provided by third parties: information collected through marketing partners, tour operators, online reservation systems, and other third parties, which may include information provided by your travel agent, airline, credit card, and other service providers.
- Internet activities: connection to any Devasom Resorts’ sites, online reservations, questionnaires, and social media platforms etc.
- Job or internship applications.
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Performing our customer service obligations: management of reservations and your stay in our properties, catering to your requests, monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.).
- Improvement of our services: assessment of our services in hotels, restaurants, and other outlets, improvement the operation of our business, and development of new products and services.
- Providing you with our personalized services and communications: personalize content and tailor our digital customer experience and offerings, understand customers’ requirements to develop targeted marketing programs, newsletters, and promotions.
- Recruitment: recruitment of staff or interns for Devasom Resorts.
- Compliance purposes: fulfill our statutory and fiscal compliance obligations.
If you do not provide certain information to us, we will be unable to provide you with our products or services. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
We will define retention period of your Personal Data based on the following criteria:
- Reasonable business needs: for as long as we provide goods and services to you, or managing our relationship with you, managing our operations; and/or
- Reasonable statutory periods: for as long as someone could bring a claim against us or for as long as we need to comply with our fiscal and legal obligations; and/or
- Other retention periods in line with legal and regulatory guidance and requirements.
Personal Data Processing
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Contractual necessity: all stages and activities relevant to managing services rendered to you, including inquiry, application, administration and management of accounts, reservations, requests, and complaints.
- Our legitimate interests: performance of contracts and support of our business units, affiliates, subsidiaries, member hotel owners, partners, suppliers etc.
- Compliance with legal obligations: compliance with applicable laws, prevention of fraud or money laundering, or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and other, as the case may be.
- Consent, as permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Devasom Resorts’ (including its subsidiaries and affiliated companies) employees: to offer you personalized service, we can share your personal data and give access to appropriate person within Devasom Resorts including but not limited to hotel staff, reservation staff, IT departments, commercial partners and marketing services.
- Business partners and external service providers who provide us with payment related, data management and profiling, analytics, advertising or other services in order to process your bookings, provide information about tailored and individualized services/offers including on social media, and provide you with any information that you have requested: including IT services, marketing services, call centers, banks and credit card issuers, legal services, consultants, and social networking sites.
- Local authorities and our professional advisers: where we consider that we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation or as part of internal Devasom Resorts’ investigations, where we suspect that any criminal offence may have been committed, to protect our rights, property or safety or that of others and in any circumstances where we consider that we are permitted to do so by law or regulation.
Devasom Resorts also reserve the right to transmit any personal data in the event of sale or transmission of part or all of the company or respective assets. In any case of transmission of personal data to third parties, we will comply with our legal obligations under the applicable laws.
Our site may contain links to other websites belonging to third parties. We do not control the privacy practices of these other websites. You should therefore make sure when you leave our site that you have read that website’s Privacy Notice.
- Countries in which we manage and operate hotels and/or sales offices; and
- Countries where our third party service providers, advisors, and consultants are located, which may be changed from time to time.
Where Personal Data is transferred to a country with lower level of data protection as that provided by the country in which the information was collected, Devasom Resorts will take all reasonable steps to implement appropriate safeguards (e.g. using approved contractual agreements, codes of conduct, etc.) and procedures to keep your Personal Data secure and confidential.
Security of Personal Data
Devasom Resorts have implemented the necessary technical and organizational measures, in compliance with legal requirements, with the aim of protecting the Personal Data, ensuring confidentiality in accordance with the principles laid in this policy.
Whenever information is requested on credit cards, this communication is made via secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) lines, when you are using a browser which allows SSL, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
Personal Data Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. To exercise any of the following rights please submit a request to the address indicated below:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Data. Please note that this is not an absolute right, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data about you and where applicable, you have the right to complete such information, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you, and we may be obligated to erase that Personal Data.
- Right to the restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Data. In that case, your data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain limited purposes.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Data about you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, and at any time, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data.
Where permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
You may access, correct, add to, update or delete your personal data by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Such requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Please note that we may request a copy of a valid identification document to confirm your identity, before making any changes.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from us, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific reservation.
Devasom Global Company, Limited
80 Moo 3 Khuk Khak Beach Road, Khao Lak, Takuapa
Phang Nga 82220, Thailand
Limitation of Liability
Please note that the Website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies.
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Website or any information, service or product provided through the Website.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, We accept no liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Website or its contents whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Devasom or our employees, agents or any other person or entity.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website.
Modifications/alterations to the Website
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it.
Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content, our provision of new products or services, or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
|Performance Cookies||These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, so that we can continually improve our website.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our website to remember choices users make (such as user name, or the region users are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes users have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that users can customise.|
We use a “physical” cookie (file) for the booking bar to store data such as the number of guests and the dates, so that users get their parameters pre-populated in the booking bar when they navigate from one page to another.
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used when users share information using social media accounts. The cookies we use include Facebook’s and Vimeo’s pixels.|
|Advertising Cookies||These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver advertising to you that is relevant to you and your interests. The cookies we use include Google Ad Services, Facebook, Adwords.|
You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you wish, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie so you have the chance to accept it and you can also set your browser to refuse to receive or send all cookies. The website www.allaboutcookies.org (run by the Interactive Marketing Bureau) contains step-by-step guidance on how cookies can be switched off by users.
More information on cookies and similar technologies is available at the website www.allaboutcookies.org